Tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 has been able to do using Redsn0w. Before following the steps below, make sure you have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 and jailbreak via Windows computers.
For those of you who are new to jailbreak, tethered jailbreak means you have to mengoneksikan iPhone to the computer on every reboot. If you are still running the iPhone 4 iOS 6.0 to iOS 6.1.2, make sure you do NOT update to the latest version, but just untethered jailbreak using Evasi0n.
1. Create a folder on the desktop with the name of Pwnage.
- Download the latest version of Redsn0w from here and place the files that have been downloaded to the Pwnage folder. You also need to download the 6.0 and 6.1.3 firmware from here and place it in the Pwnage folder.
- Extract the Redsn0w zip file in the Pwnage folder.
2. If you do not update to iOS 6.1.3 then immediately launch iTunes to backup iPhone 4.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left side and then press Shift and click the Restore button.
- Navigate to the Pwnage folder you created in step # 1 above. Select the 6.1.3 firmware ipsw. Click the Choose button to continue.
- ITunes will do its job update your iPhone 4 with the latest firware.
3. Right click or control + click on the redsn0w app from the redsn0w folder you have previously extract. Select Run as administrator from the popup menu that appears.
4. After redsn0s open, select the Extras button. From the Extras menu, click Select IPSW button.
5. Navigate to the Pwnage folder on the desktop and select the iOS 6.0 IPSW. Click Open.
6. You will be notified that the iOS 6.0 IPSW will be used for further processing. Click OK.
7. Click the BACK button, click the Jailbreak button and the main menu.
8. Redsn0w prepare jailbreak data.
9. Make sure the Install Cydia has been selected from the options menu. Click Next.
10. Turn off your iPhone 4 and then click the Next button.
11. Redsn0w will guide you to the process leading to DFU mode.
Press the Home and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds
Release your finger from the Power button and continue holding the Home button until Redsn0w can detect your iPhone 4.
12. iPhone will be exploited by limera1n
13. Redsn0w iPhone will reboot
14. Redsn0w will upload a new RAM Disk and Kernel.
15. After all is complete, you will be notified that RedSn0w has finished running the process, meaning that you can successfully run a tethered jailbreak.
Tethered BOOT - After iPhone 4 jailbroken, you need to rerun redsn0w to boot tethered.
1. Redsn0w from the main menu, click the Extras button