Speech-recognition \'personal assistant\' Siri on iPhone 4S has become a very important added value that sales of the iPhone 4S is so high, not even a month after its release in early October.
Basically Siri is not an app or something that you can download through the App Store. Besides Siri also does not have an icon like an app on the iPhone. For now Siri is only available on the iPhone 4S and some trials have also failed to run Siri on the iPhone 4.
1. How to Set Up Siri
Although Siri has been present in the iPhone 4S, but you need to setup to make Siri understand you also name the language you use. Go to Settings> General> Siri. Open \'My Info\' to select your name from the Contacts list. Next select languages: U.S. English, U.K. English Australian English, French and German.
2. How to access Siri: there are two ways to access Siri
- From a distance: If later you\'ll often use Siri from a certain distance, such as the iPhone on a table or on a car dashboard, press and hold homebutton. Thereafter will appear two quick-tones and a microphone image on the iPhone screen, it means the middle Siri will hear what you say or command. You do not need to bring the iPhone to the face or mouth because Siri can already hear you saying.
- From a close distance: Instead, you can take your iPhone and put it to his ear like when you call. You will hear two quick-tones again that means Siri is ready to listen to you.
3. Tips Using Siri
In general you should be able to talk to Siri in a normal voice and rhythm so that Siri can understand what you say. But that\'s not all. For starters, pasrikan you pronounce the name correctly and clearly. Additionally you need to express the phrase commands in a specific way in order to give good results. To support that all of you pelu note the following:
- Make sure the internet connection is stable
Keep in mind that Siri does not process speech input locally on the iPhone. Siri software sends commands via remote servers so you have to connect with Wi-Fi or 3G signal.
- Speak in detail
If you say something general like, \"Launch iTunes\" then Siri will be confused deciphering your words. For that you have to specifically switch to \"Play my playlist: Running songs,\" or similar commands that sentence.
- Provide a complete command in one sentence
When you instruct Siri to do something, like change schedule in Calendar, try giving the order was complete in one time said. Example, \"Change the appointment for Tuesday to 3 pm\" How it would be more understandable than Siri when you say, \"I want to change an appointment.\"
- Say the name in full
If Siri does not recognize a name the first time you say then Siri will give you the option based on Contacts. Choose a name that you are referring to and if you often say the name of it then the next Siri will understand what you choose and will not give you the option to name the same thing.
- Add \'Relationships\'
To add words that show family relationships such as \"wife,\" \"dad,\" and \"daughter,\" then give the command to Siri like, \"Call my dad\". Siri will then ask who your father and you can select an option from Contacts. From that Siri will understand that \'dad\' do you mean to refer to the name of your Contact list.
Well, now you have to understand how to use and talk to Siri, the personal assistant. For now, the only way I could get Siri of course you have to have the iPhone 4S :)